Hi, I’m Mike. I specialize primarily in portrait and head shot work, as well as lifestyle and small business photography. Born in Brooklyn, raised in the Philippines, currently roaming the earth after fifteen years of hustling in San Francisco and New York.
These truths I hold to be self-evident:
- Like most everything else, taking pictures should be fun.
- Looking good in photos is a skill, not an arcane, innate ability granted only to a select few; like any skill, it can be taught, it can be learned, and—most importantly—it can be cheated.
- “Photogenic” is just a fancy word for “comfortable in front of a camera” and it’s my job, not yours, to ensure you are just that.
- Photography is, above all else, about connection. When you put the camera to your eye, nothing exists save for you and your subject.
- The best efforts are collaborative; this applies to everything in life, not just photography.
And, finally, I believe a sense of humor is the most effective shock absorber—without one your life is gonna be a long, bumpy ride.